As a member of the UK armed forces, take advantage of a home contents policy which has been specifically designed for military personnel.
Optional additional cover
Additional cover is available contents stored in military or professional storage facilities and contents of buy to let properties.
Laptops, tablets, and notebook computers can also be added to your policy but must be specified when taking out this type of cover. Additionally, pedal bicycles can also be included within your cover but must again be specified.
Legal liabilities cover is included in your policy. As a home owner or tenant, and potentially an employer of domestic help, you may be held legally liable for accidental injury to another person or damage to their property. Cover includes:
- Damages and legal costs up to £1,000,000 (or £5,000,000 for injury to an employee)
- Your legal liability as a tenant for damage by specified causes, up to 30% of the total insurance value of your home contents
- Payment of damages awarded to you in a UK court, which remain unpaid three months after the date of the award (provided that there is no appeal pending), up to £1,000,000
You may be entitled to a discount on your premium if you have not made any claims during the past three years; and/or you are aged 45 or over. Discuss this with our dedicated PAX team.
Terms, Conditions and Exclusions apply.
- Cover starts from just £8.29* a month or £93.84 annually*
- Cover for accidental damage and loss or damage by theft, fire, flood, storm, burst pipes, lightning and vandalism to the contents of your home
- Includes cover for loss or damage during a move by professional removers or military transport to a new home
- Temporary alternative accommodation and storage costs will be covered if your home is made uninhabitable
- Covers any contents that you or your family temporarily take away from the home while at university, college or boarding school, up to 30% of the total sum insured
- Includes business equipment up to £5,000
- Also includes loss of personal money up to £500
Make sure your personal possessions are covered no matter where you are in the world.
Optional Legal Expenses Cover for an additional £13.44 per year
Optional legal expenses cover up to £40,000 for any one claim and allows you to defend or pursue your legal rights for disputes in relation to:
- Personal injury
- Personal goods
- Consumer protection
- Jury service
Price includes Insurance Premium Tax of 12%.
This cover excludes pre-existing disputes and any starting within 90 days of the start date of the policy, unless those disputes are in connection with a contract starting after the cover is taken out.
Claims handling will be undertaken by FirstAssist Insurance Services Limited
If you choose to include PAX home contents cover within your PAX Kit & Contents policy, it’s worth noting:
- Minimum sum insured is £9,000 of contents
- Valuables worth more than £2,500 must be specified
- Cover for loss or damage during a move by professional removers or military transport to a new home is included, up to your sum insured (within the UK only unless you pay for worldwide cover)
- This policy covers the cost of temporary alternative accommodation and storage if your home is made uninhabitable (by specific causes), up to 30% of your sum insured.
- Contents that you or your family temporarily take away from the home while at university, college or boarding school are covered up to 30% of your sum insured
- For civilian clothing and household linen a deduction may be made for wear and tear
- There is no cover if your home is left unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- If you make a claim you may have to pay part of the cost of replacement yourself – this is the excess.
- Discounts are available on your premium if you increase your standard policy excess. The standard Kit & Home Contents excess is £50 (£100 for laptops, tablets and notepads).
Get a quote today
Get a quote online
Download proposal form
Please download, complete and submit the proposal form online.
Get in touch
Call our dedicated PAX team on 0800 2124 800
(+44(0)1737 503 153 outside the UK).
Am I eligible for PAX?
The PAX range of general insurance products has been created specifically for serving military personnel and their families, as well as those connected with the British Armed Forces. It covers personnel living in the UK as well as those based overseas.
PAX general insurance policies apply to:
- Serving members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force and, Royal Marines, together with Reservists MoD civil servants and their immediate families
- British civilians employed by the Armed Forces, consultants and those employed under contract with the Armed Forces and people providing charitable or voluntary services to the Armed Forces
- Retired and ex-serving members of the Armed Forces living in the UK
£8.29 and £93.84 are based on the basic level of cover: £3,000 for kit owned by or on permanent issue to you, with an additional £15,000 for kit on temporary issue, and £3,000 for personal possessions which includes mobile cover.
Cash Price (Amount of Premium including IPT and Administration Fee)
Finance Charge for credit (interest rate 6.0%)
Total Amount Payable - Cash price + finance charge (APR 11.5%)
No. of (monthly) instalments
Monthly Instalment Amount
PAX Kit & Contents insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
PAX Insurance is a credit broker and not the lender. We have only approached Premium Credit Limited, Ermyn House, Ermyn Way, Leatherhead, KT22 8UX with whom we have an exclusive arrangement, and we are not therefore providing you with any advice regarding this finance provider. PAX Insurance is remunerated for arranging this credit and if you would like to find out more please contact us. Credit is subject to status and the lender may use a credit reference agency that leaves a record of the search or other information about you to carry out credit and anti-money laundering checks. Premiums quoted include insurance premium tax (IPT) at the appropriate rate.
Why choose PAX Insurance?
Over 100 years of protection
PAX has been providing insurance specifically tailored to the military for over 100 years, looking after service personnel and their families.
A dedicated team of insurance professionals
Our dedicated PAX team will ensure we provide you with the necessary cover to meet your specific needs.
Trusted by over 60,000 military personnel
From personal accident to travel insurance, PAX covers over 60,000 members of the UK Armed Forces and reservists.