As a serving member of the UK Armed Forces, make sure your personal possessions are covered by taking out a PAX Kit & Contents policy which has been specifically designed for military personnel.
This covers personal belongings, including valuables, in and away from your home up to the selected sum insured. It also provides cover for your household goods and domestic equipment if you live in a barrack block, Single Living Accommodation or similar Shared Service Accommodation.
Optional additional cover
Additional cover is available for pedal cycles, laptops and tablets. Please specify these items when requesting a quote from our team as they will not be covered automatically.
- Cover starts from just £8.29* a month or £93.84 annually*
- £500 cover for the fraudulent use of credit cards by an unauthorised person anywhere in the world
- £500 cover for money
- £500 cover for medals and decorations
- Mobile phones are covered as standard for loss, theft or accidental damage
- Cover for you and your immediate family.
Enjoy the peace of mind knowing you’re covered if the worst happens to your belongings in your home.
Optional Legal Expenses Cover for an additional £13.44 per year
Optional legal expenses cover up to £40,000 for any one claim and allows you to defend or pursue your legal rights for disputes in relation to:
- Personal injury
- Personal goods
- Consumer protection
- Jury service
Price includes Insurance Premium Tax of 12%.
This cover excludes pre-existing disputes and any starting within 90 days of the start date of the policy, unless those disputes are in connection with a contract starting after the cover is taken out.
Claims handling will be undertaken by FirstAssist Insurance Services Limited
If you choose to include PAX Personal Possessions cover within your PAX Kit & Contents policy, it’s worth noting:
- Minimum sum insured: £3,000
- Individual items over £2,500 must be specified
- Personal possessions include jewellery, camping equipment, musical instruments, clothing and personal items which you normally wear or carry
- If you live in a barrack block, Single Living Accommodation or similar Shared Service Accommodation, personal possessions also includes household goods and domestic equipment, including home electronics
Get a quote today
Get a quote online
Get in touch
Call our dedicated PAX team on 0800 2124 800
(+44(0)1737 503 153 outside the UK).
Am I eligible for PAX?
The PAX range of general insurance products has been created specifically for serving military personnel and their families, as well as those connected with the British Armed Forces. It covers personnel living in the UK as well as those based overseas.
PAX general insurance policies apply to:
- Serving members of the Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force and, Royal Marines, together with Reservists MoD civil servants and their immediate families
- British civilians employed by the Armed Forces, consultants and those employed under contract with the Armed Forces and people providing charitable or voluntary services to the Armed Forces
- Retired and ex-serving members of the Armed Forces living in the UK
£8.29 and £93.84 are based on the basic level of cover: £3,000 for kit owned by or on permanent issue to you, with an additional £15,000 for kit on temporary issue, and £3,000 for personal possessions which includes mobile cover.
Cash Price (Amount of Premium including IPT and Administration Fee)
Finance Charge for credit (interest rate 6.0%)
Total Amount Payable - Cash price + finance charge (APR 11.5%)
No. of (monthly) instalments
Monthly Instalment Amount
PAX Kit & Contents insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
PAX Insurance is a credit broker and not the lender. We have only approached Premium Credit Limited, Ermyn House, Ermyn Way, Leatherhead, KT22 8UX with whom we have an exclusive arrangement, and we are not therefore providing you with any advice regarding this finance provider. PAX Insurance is remunerated for arranging this credit and if you would like to find out more please contact us. Credit is subject to status and the lender may use a credit reference agency that leaves a record of the search or other information about you to carry out credit and anti-money laundering checks. Premiums quoted include insurance premium tax (IPT) at the appropriate rate.
Why choose PAX Insurance?
Over 100 years of protection
PAX has been providing insurance specifically tailored to the military for over 100 years, looking after service personnel and their families.
A dedicated team of insurance professionals
Our dedicated PAX team will ensure we provide you with the necessary cover to meet your specific needs.
Trusted by over 60,000 military personnel
From personal accident to travel insurance, PAX covers over 60,000 members of the UK Armed Forces and reservists.